Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Seasonal Allergies


Sesonal Allergies in 13 month old? - Aleya A

Hi Moms,

I have a 13 month old who has had eczema almost since he was born.I was told by his pediatrician to look out for food or seasonal allergies. So far I haven't been able to identify any food allergies but last week he started having a runny nose, wet cough, and swollen eyes. I've heard it's early for seasonal allergies but I have friends who are already dealing with symptoms.

Does this sound like seasonal allergies to you? Also, is he too young to be tested for allergies? Lastly, if it is seasonal allergies, what can I do to give him some relief?

A little about me: I'm a 32 yo, full-time undergrad and single mom to a beautiful 13 month old boy.

Respond


If you've just stumbled onto this blog and like it you might want to subscribe to our  RSS feed and  subscribe to Grand Daddy Daycare via Email to ensure you can enjoy the latest post(s).


Help getting my 2.5 year old to sleep in a "big boy" bed - M H

I was wondering if anyone had advise on getting my 2.5 y.o. son to stay in his bed. We had to transition to a toddler bed because he started climbing out of his crib. I feel like we've tried everything. We've tried telling him to stay, picking him up and laying him back in bed without saying anything to him, preparing him before hand by talking to him, rubbing his back, rewards, consequences, the list goes on. When I tried this for the 1st time 6 months ago we also tried putting a gate in the doorway, but he would empty all of his clothes from his drawers into the hallway. We originally tried it b/c we had another baby coming. We started the transition 3-4 months before the new baby was due. It didn't work after trying for 6 weeks, so we went back to the crib. He did GREAT when he was back in the crib, but now he started climbing out and hurting himself. So, the toddler bed is the way we need to go for now. BTW, once he fall asleep he stays there until morning. Also, I know some people "lock them in" by putting a child-proof knob on the door. If nothing else works I might be willing to try this, but I would REALLY rather not. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Respond


Question on choice of diapers - Sharon A

hello there . I'm planning to use non-disposable diapers my second time around. Wanted to get advice and experience from moms who use the following systems:
Pre-folded cloth diapers and covers.
"one-size" pocket diapers that adjusts with baby.
If you use them full time, how many do you have to keep ahead of the laundry pile? Are they convenient to use? Any problems? Suggestions?
My baby "shower" for #2 will likely be a Diaper Party where we ask everyone to contribute to the cause of purchasing the diapers upfront. I hope to save much $$ and waste this way. I just need to select which system to use, and I've narrowed it down to the choices above.
Thanks!!

Respond


Strep throat, fever and continuing HEADACHES in my 4 year old -- ADVICE? - Vicki D

My son was diagnosed with strep throat on Friday. He never complained of a sore throat, but has complained of headaches for about a month. He had a 101 fever on Friday, then 103.8 last night and I called the doctor. She said that his fever should be gone 72 hours after starting the antibiotics, so we are waiting til this afternoon to see how he is. I was concerned about meningitis, but immediately she said no. He was happy, eating and playing yesterday morning, then only wanted to lay down the rest of the day, saying his head hurt. The doctor said headaches are a sympton of strep, but I was surprised he had strep when he never said his throat hurt. Anyway, just would like to hear anyone's advice on strep or headaches.... any guidance would be appreciated!

A little about me: Was a SAHM for 4 years, just went to work Full time two months ago. I am a BOYS MOM -- 3 boys ages 4, 3, 2. Play play play is the word of every day!!




Want more of this?
Get each new blog post in your email. Look for the 'Delivered by Feedburner' subscribe box on the left side of this blog. Feedburner is owned by Google, so you've no worries about being spammed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is appreciated, but I'll have to screen it for spam first before I authorize it.
Grand Daddy Day Care